Our network

Passenger seat smolders, driver pulls over | News

Title (Max 100 Characters)

Passenger seat smolders, driver pulls over
News, Transportation
Passenger seat smolders, driver pulls over

Fire officials said a car's heated seat started on fire on Madison’s south side Tuesday afternoon.

The Madison Fire Department said a driver pulled over just after noon on Highway 14 south of the Beltline when the passenger seat started smoking.

The driver told firefighters the seat was electronically heated and the button had been stuck. The fire department said the lumbar area of the seat was smoldering when crews arrived.

Firefighters sprayed water on the seat but it continued to smoke, so they ripped that area of the seat out. Crews also removed the seat heater’s fuse. 

News, Transportation

Madison South Deals

Madison South Businesses